The General Manager directs and manages the organisations business activities as well as develops and implements effective business strategies and programs. Duties of the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating day-to-day business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring excellent customer service, improving administrative processes, engaging with vendors, hiring-onboarding-training of employees, identifying business opportunities and monitoring financial activities.
The General Manager will possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The General Manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisations image, and meet overall growth objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Participate in weekly alignment meeting with Management Team: Managing Director & Head of Marketing
– Overseeing all aspects of daily business operations.
– Developing and implementing growth strategies with the Managing Director.
– Determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with the Managing Director.
– Hiring, On-Boarding, and Training all employees, including assessments of culture/morale and continued Learning & Development.
– Evaluating performance and productivity.
– Providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs.
– Generating reports and giving presentations.
– Coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems.
– Overseeing all operational activities for the organization.
– Assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects.
– Identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems.
– Directing the preparation of financial reports that summarise and forecast the organisation’s financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income.
– Translating the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans with the Managing Director.
– Oversee and approve payroll and compliance
– Advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings.
– Defining performance management KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives with the Managing Director.
– Delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting.
– Reporting to the Managing Director on operation activities towards business goals.
– Working alongside other members of the business on business projects.
– Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement with the Managing Director.
– Researching opportunities for cost savings across the business.
– Minimising operational expenditure within the business wherever possible.
– Ensuring compliance with financial and fair work legislation and standards.
– Overseeing Student Relationships & Retention
“This position description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job related tasks requested by Management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.”