1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. The nature of personal information collected by Luke Hawkins Coaching generally comprises an individual’s name and contact details (including address, phone, fax and e-mail).
Luke Hawkins Coaching does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for Luke Hawkins Coaching to perform one or more of its functions and activities.
Luke Hawkins Coaching will destroy personal information when it is no longer required for such functions and activities.
Luke Hawkins Coaching will generally collect personal information from you directly.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Luke Hawkins Coaching will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
Luke Hawkins Coaching may also use that personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes might include internal auditing and administration, adding your name to a contact list, guest list or invitation list or helping us to identify production and broadcast activities which may be of benefit or interest to you.
Luke Hawkins Coaching will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. Luke Hawkins Coaching may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Generally, Luke Hawkins Coaching will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas. However, on some occasions the information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform one of the Luke Hawkins Coaching`s functions or activities. In these circumstances, Luke Hawkins Coaching will either obtain your express or implied consent or will use its best endeavors to ensure that your personal information will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia.
3. Direct marketing
From time to time Luke Hawkins Coaching may send you information regarding functions or activities.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let Luke Hawkins Coaching know. Luke Hawkins Coaching will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
4. Changes to this Policy
Luke Hawkins Coaching may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
The type of personal information that we collect depends on how you chose to interact with us. For example, we may collect the following kinds of personal information:
- contact details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number;
- information about your experience with Luke Hawkins Coaching, including your use of our services;
Luke Hawkins Coaching may also collect sensitive information about you (for example information about your health or any disability). However, we only do so with your consent and/or as authorised by law.
Why we collect
Luke Hawkins Coaching collects personal information for various purposes that enable us to provide our clients with outstanding service. This may include:
- to enable us to identify and communicate with our clients;
- marketing our products and services (for example through special offers, competitions, promotions and special events);
- responding to client enquiries;
- improving our services through regular feedback from our clients; and
- providing customer support.
If we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the best service that you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves at Luke Hawkins Coaching.
How we collect
The way in which we collect personal information and the sources from which we collect such information depends on how you choose to interact with us. For example, we may collect personal information from or through:
- you calling us through our office;
- you or someone in your family giving us feedback or making a complaint;
- your participation in special offers, competitions, promotions and special events;
- your use of our website;
- your use of our social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter;
- online and telephone transactions;
- credit card purchases; and
- third parties.
How we protect personal information
Luke Hawkins Coaching stores personal information in both hard copy and electronic form. Luke Hawkins Coaching is committed to maintaining the safety and security of your personal information and has measures in place so that this can be achieved. These measures include:
- ensuring that personal information stored in hard copy form is kept under locked security whenever practicable; and
- ensuring that personal information stored in electronic form is password protected whenever practicable.
How we use personal information
Luke Hawkins Coaching will only use your personal information as permitted by law. This means that we will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as those referred to above) or for a purpose related, or in the case of sensitive information directly related, to that purpose. Luke Hawkins Coaching does not disclose personal information to any overseas recipients. Luke Hawkins Coaching does not use any Government related identifiers (such as your driver licence number) as our own identifier for you.
Luke Hawkins Coaching may use and disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) for the purpose of direct marketing. However, we only do so as permitted by law and in circumstances where:
- you have consented to such use or disclosure, or the circumstances are such that it is impracticable to obtain such consent; and
- you are given an opportunity to request not to receive direct marketing communications from us and have not made such a request. If at any time you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us you can let us know by contacting us on the details provided below.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may access your personal information or request that your personal information be updated or corrected. You can do this by contacting us on the details provided below and we will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. You will not be charged a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, fees and charges may apply for providing the requested information. There are certain circumstances in which we may be unable to provide you with access to your personal information. For example where:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
Where access to your personal information is refused, Luke Hawkins Coaching will nevertheless provide you with written reasons for the refusal. In those circumstances, we may instead provide you with a summary of your personal information. Contact Us If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, or would like more information about how Luke Hawkins Coaching manages your personal information.
Luke Hawkins Coaching